The article shows you how to watch and record video from any windows video capture device like satellite, TV and DVB cards, miniDV cameras, video capture cards, web cams including ones with hardware MPEG 2 encoder. The recording process is easy to handle. The detailed steps are as follow:
1. Connect your capture device to you PC and install the capture device driver. You'll better read the manual that comes with your capture device to see how to connect with PC in order to avoid any damage and installation problems.
2. Download AVS TV Box, run it.
3. Before you can start watching the channels, you need to configure them. Now, please press the Configure button on the main controls panel or select the Settings … option in the Express menu to activate the Configure window.
3. Select the Device Params tab of the Configure window to set device parameters. The availability of the settings depends on the type of the device.
Take TV tuner for example, you need to select the Country of the broadcast, TV Source (Antenna or Cable), Video input, Video standard depending on the country and broadcast standard, Audio device and Audio input that will serve as a sound source.
4. Select the Channels tab of the Configure window. Click the Add Channel button to add the cameras to the channels list or Scan for TV or Digital TV tuners to search for the existing channels. Press the Add to Favorites button to add the favorite channels to the favorite list so that it could be displayed in the Favorite window and you could easily switch to it.
5. Select the Paths tab of the Configure window to set the recordings and snapshots paths.
6. Select the Record tab of the Configure window to set the video and audio parameters of the files that you will capture your video with.
7. If you want to set the parameters of the colors of the displayed video image, select the colors tab to set.
8. After all settings are completed, click the OK button to accept all the changes and close the configuration window. Then you can start recording the video by clicking the Record button on the main controls panel, take snapshots, and watch TV shows on PC.