After you've created your website, landing page, sales page, and / or squeeze page, the next step is to attract traffic to your site. If you want to use SEO to generate traffic, you need to know what key word they've typed into Google search to arrive at your site. To find out about this, you need to research the keywords themselves (and when we say "keyword," we mean "key phrase" as well, which allows for multiple words in one search). This involves finding out which word or phrase is most profitable to you.
How can we find profitable keywords? First, you use a key word tool to discover how many people are searching for a particular keyword; second, you find out how much competition there is for the keywords.
The golden rule in this process is to 'discover High searches and Low competition.' For example, instead of using "dog training," which is regarded as a high competition keyword, try to find phrases like "Alpha dog behavior training," which is considered a better keyword to be targeted.
For the first step, the Google Keyword Tool is the most important tool to have; it is fast, efficient, and free. In order to truly compete in this business, you must obtain and master this tool.
What will I get from the Google Keyword Search Tool?
First, the tool will show you a lot of important data, such as the number of local and global searches that were generated for the keyword (s) you entered. It will also show you the relative keywords around that particular keyword. The goal, again, is to find high searches and low competition keywords.
How to use the Google Key word Search Tool?
· Type keyword tool in Google search. The first result will read, "Google Adwords: Keyword Tool." Click on it, and go to the Google keywords tool website. Enter your keyword (s) search to start.
· Brainstorm a key word or a phrase.
· Click on the "Get Keyword Ideas" button, enter the cache, and Google will show you results for the keyword idea you typed in as well as other relative keywords that Google suggested.
· Then, you will see the default results from the volumes, including competition, global monthly searches, and local monthly searches. Also, do not forget to change the match type to "Broad Search". Look for keyword is over 2,000 searches for the global monthly searches at least.
· You may choose the keywords you want and download them in a CSV file or text document. So narrow down your list, check the keywords you've selected, and scroll down the tag to click the method you want to download the keywords in.
Step two is to find competition. Check competition by typing the keyword (s) you chose with quotation marks in Google search box. If the number is more than 60,000 or 70,000, the competition is likely too high. You may want to change to another keyword to see if you can reduce the competition.