If you want to clear out your Internet history, it’s highly recommended that you are able to use the steps that will completely get rid of this for good from your system. Not many people actually know how to get rid of the history properly – which actually means that most of the time, you’ll end up leaving a large proportion of sites behind in your history list. Fortunately, you should be able to get rid of the history of your visited websites for good from your PC by using the steps outlined on this tutorial.
How To Clear The History
- Open up “Internet Explorer”
- Click on “Tools” in the top right
- Select “Internet Options”
- Half-way down the Window that appears, it should say “Browsing History”
- Click the “Delete” button for browsing history
- Select the details you want to remove
- Exit Internet Explorer
- Open up “Mozilla FireFox”
- From the top menu, click “Tools”
- Click on the “Clear Recent History” item
- Select “Everything” from the drop-down box.
- Exit Mozilla FireFox
- Open up “Google Chrome”
- On the top right, click on the “Spanner” icon
- On the menu that appears, click on “Options”
- Select “Clear Browsing Data” to get rid of the browsing data history for Chrome
- Exit Google Chrome
Highly Recommended – Clean Out The Registry
It’s highly recommended that you use a “registry cleaner” program to finish this job. A registry cleaner is a software application which will scan through the “registry database” of Windows and remove any of the files / settings that will be causing problems inside it. The registry is where your PC will keep everything from your desktop icons to your most recent emails, and is where a large list of your computer’s history locations are also kept. To make sure that your history items are all gone, it’s recommended you use a registry cleaner, which can be done by downloading one of these tools from the Internet and then letting it fix any of the potential issues that Windows may have.