There has been a debate over the years from expert alike about which best ab exercises that are the most effective. According to personal experience and the study conducted by American Council on Exercise's, below are the most effective best ab exercises. Although, ab exercises will not immediately reduce fat from the tummy, but strong abs are serious for keeping your body healthy and also for protecting your spine.
1) The Bicycle exercise
The purpose of the bicycle exercise is to target the rectus abdominis (six pack) and the obliques (the waist), this is in accordance with the study conducted by the American Council on Exercise. So, to do this exercise correctly and get maximum benefits, it must conduct the following ways:
- on the floor face up with your laced fingers behind your head.
- Bring your knees towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling the neck.
- Next is to Straighten your left leg out while bringing the left elbow towards the right knee and together turning the upper body to the right.
- Then switch sides, and slowly bring the right elbow towards the left knee.
- Repeat this in alternating sides for up to 10-12 reps slowly.
2) The captain's chair leg Raise
The captain's chair leg has proved to be the second most effective ab exercises for the obliques as well as the rectus abdominis. You can accomplish quite a number of exercises on the captain's chair, which is purely a rack with padded arms that allows your legs to hang free and is freely available in most gyms. For effective results:
- Stand on the chair and firmly hold the hand to help keep your upper body in stable position.
- And press your back against the pad and squeeze your abs, then raise your legs and lift your knees towards your chest.
- Do not swing your leg up or reflex the back.
- At a slow pace, lower the back down. Repeat the exercise for about 12 reps.
3) The exercise ball
Exercise ball as we all know, that more and more training programs readily on all sorts of exercise ball workout models for individual performance. From yoga to cardiovascular exercises program, many trainers have started including the exercise ball workout in the fitness classes they teach, and some go as far as calling it an essential fitness equipment. For maximum effect, it should be done the following ways:
- Lie on the floor face up with ball benefit your lower back.
- Then place your arms behind your head.
- Squeeze your abs and then lift your Torso off the ball, pull the bottom of your ribcage down toward your hips.
- Do not roll the ball while you curl.
- And finally lower the back down and get a stretch in the abs. Repeat this between 10 – 12 reps.
If you take the above tips to heart and put them into practice, the outcome result will surprise you.