With a virtual phone mobile number, you can keep your actual phone number hidden from others. This also serves as a means of saving on roaming charges on your mobile.
Selecting a virtual phone number
You may require a virtual number for setting up a small business or for personal use. Whatever the case, bear in mind a few points before selecting one.
* Customer reviews of service providers serve as an insight into the services offered by the companies. You can either get these on websites or you can talk to your friends. Either way, just make sure you have enough knowledge about the service provider.
* Review the plans being offered by each provider. Not all plans suit everyone. Go for the one that best suits your purpose.
* The services being offered on your mobile matter to you the most. Check the services being offered against your number. They should fit your requirements. Messaging has nowdays taken an important place in the life of every mobile owner.
* Do you have the facility to go for frequent number changes? One day you might be in Boston, while the next day you might be in Florida. You should be able to change your numbers without much hassle and at a minimum fee.
Configuring a Virtual Mobile Phone Number
Getting a virtual phone number is an easily available service. All you need is an existing number, internet access, and an email account.
* Once your mobile connection is activated, you need to make a virtual number request with your service provider.
* Provide the area code for which you need the number.
* It may take one working day for the service and number to get activated. Once activated, you will be informed via email.
* Inform your service provider whether you require an SMS send / receive facility or not.
Advantages of a Virtual Number
Virtual mobile numbers give you a virtual presence at a particular time. Along with the services it carries you also get a host of advantages. Services may vary dependent upon the service provider but the advantages are many.
* Since it is a virtual number, it gives you the advantage of being anonymous at times. The receiver does not get to see your actual number.
* With coverage across countries and with over thousands of area codes, you can be a local in any part of these areas. This gives your callers the advantage of calling you on a local number which saves out charges charges.
* Although a virtual number you also have the facility of text messaging SMS to your contacts.
* When you send SMS from your virtual number, the receiver will receive SMS anonymously as your actual number will not be displayed.
* With the texting API facility, you can reach across a number of recipients with just one SMS. You do not have to pay extra charges for using the SMS gateway.
A virtual mobile phone number gives you unlimited advantages. It is beneficial for you and your caller.