Weather Widget One is a WordPress plugin for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.
- Geocode auto-complete list for cities and countries
- Responsive (* min-width 250 pixels)
- Auto Detect user location through HTML5 Geolocation
- Search location weather by US, UK, Canada Postalcode, Latitude/Longitude and city name
- 5 Days forecast with 24h forecast foreach day
- Displays temperature (F, C), wind (KPH, MPH, M/S), humidity ( % ) and rain chance ( % )
- jQuery, AJAX, cURL, JSON, Cache
- Your theme must support ajax calls.
- cURL or file_get_contents enabled.
- forecast.io API key (you can obtain one for free at https://developer.forecast.io/register )
- geonames.org username (you can obtain one for free at http://www.geonames.org/login ) NOTE: After registration enable it on your account page: http://www.geonames.org/manageaccount
- Write permission for storing weather cache data (cache files are stored in wp-contentspluginsweather-widget-oneajaxcache)
- Go to Dashboard -> Plugin -> Add New -> Upload plugins -> Browse
- Pick Weather Widget One zip archive and click “Install Now”
- After installation click “Activate Plugin”
- New menu should appear named “Weather Widget One”
- Go to Dashboard -> General Settings
- Place your forecast.io API key in “API Key” field (you can obtain one for free at https://developer.forecast.io/register)
- Place your geonames.org username in Active “www.geonames.org Username” field (you can obtain one for free at http://www.geonames.org/login)
- Adjust the other settings by your preference.
- Click “Save Settings”
Displaying plugin on the front-end
- Go to Dashboard -> Shortcode
- Adjust the settings by your preference.
- Click “Save & Refresh Shortcode”
- Copy everything inside “Generated Shortcode” field. This is your shortcode.
- Place the shortcode inside WordPress Post or Page.
- NOTE: If you want to display the plugin as a widget go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets -> Weather Widget One and paste your shortcode in “Paste shortcode here:” field.
- 18 May 2016 Version 2.3
– Bug fix where widget was showing day icon during night
– Plugin will now search for nearby city/town when given Lng & Lat coordinates
– Chart.js updated to version 2.1.3
– Plugin inits on document ready instead of window load now.
– Removed scripts: Masonry, no longer needed, jQuery Easing, no longer needed, jQuery UI Autocomplete, no longer needed
- 30 April 2016
– Bug fixes where widget sometimes fail to return weather data.
Weather API has been changed to forecast.io since the old one became paid for new users.